Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ragi Maavu Laddoo

Hello Friends!!

 It was very calm day as my kid was enjoying holidays with us and My kid won't eat ragi along with milk..I was thinking how to make her eat ragi as She likes laddoo but never mention what is the name and what ever she sees in the shape of ball will be laddoo..She loves boondi laddoo, Rava laddoo,but she never tasted ragi..I visited her blog and got it as super easy step by step wise  and excellent writing on her blog  Thanks a lots Priya for this wonderful recipe. My daughter loved it and said it was awesome :) I chosen almond as she will have double strength as she won't eat any dry fruits except almond and raisins... 

Ragi is very good in health and goes best for kids..unlike all the flours Ragi flour is very healthy.



Recipe Source: Ragi Maavu Laddoo

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 Cup Ragi flour
  • 1/2 Cup Wheat flour
  • 1/4 Cup Powdered sugar
  • 1/4 Tsp Cardamom powder
  • Cashew Nut 6 nos finely chopped ( I had used badam(almonds) 6 nos finely chopped.
  • 3 Tbsp Ghee
  • 2 Tbsp Milk
Method:
  • Take a wide pan,add ghee to it on medium heat,add cashew nuts as I skipped for almonds. Let it fry till get light golden brown in color.Keep aside.
  • In the same pan with the remaining ghee, add both flours once sifted on medium heat.roast it well and make sure not to get burn on the bottom of the flours. Take care of it and roast well.
  • Once it is roasted well,Transfer into the wide bowl or plate.
  • Add cardamom powder to it and mix well.
  • Add the cashew nut pieces and/or almonds to the mixture and mix well...Pour milk to it.
  • Make sure the mixture is warm to hold the balls with your palm.. Make into balls.
  • Garnish it with a Cashew nut or Almond on the top of the laddoo if you wish for
  • Serve it and Enjoy!!!
  • It must be stored in an air- tight container.
Enjoy!!!!





5 comments:

  1. Delicious laddos Archu :) thanks a ton for participating in my event and adding entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats an super delicious and tempting ladoos dear :) very healthy !! I wud love to grab some now !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com