I just love oranges!!! After California trip there was many and many oranges and I love oranges after mango as It is the most citrus fruit and can make anything from appetizer to desserts. I want to do an orange cake as it is the best to have as it is not needed to apply frosting on it and it is the best moist and feeling orange flavor and goes best along with a cup of tea or coffee or as a snack.Thanks a lots Priya as it is an egg-less & butter-less too
Recipe Source: Orange Cake
- 1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/3 Cup Oil ( I used Vegetable oil)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract( I used orange blossom extract)
- 2 Large orange to make juice (I got 1/2 cup orange juice)
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest (Washed and grated)
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Oil for greasing the cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C Line the cake pan 6 inch with parchment paper if you want or you can grease it with oil and dust it with flour
- Grate the outer skin of the orange and squeeze orange to get extract juice and discard any seeds.
- Sift the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a bowl. Keep aside
- Whisk the oil,orange extract/vanilla extract ,orange juice ,water and orange zest and mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and allow it to bake for about 25 to 30 mins or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
- Once cooled you can frost the cake or keep it as it is.
- I used stencil and placed it on the top of the cake with powdered sugar to get the desired design..Garnish it with orange on the top if you want,