I have been very busy for the past 2 weeks and I miss my blogging days!!! Well This month has been very busy as got lots of parties and anniversaries to bake it for my friends and my hubby's b'day :) Will post pics shortly :)
Herewith I made Chocolate Black forest for my hubby's star birthday as he is very fond of chocolates and of course chocolaty flavor :) Priya is my close pal and I loved all of her baking stuffs in her blog. Do visit her blog Cook Like Priya and see amazing recipes and I like to bake,decorate and celebrate it with my family and friends
Recipe Source: Chocolate Black Forest
Ingredients for Cake
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Instant Coffee powder
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C Line the 2 8 Inch Baking pan greased it with oil and dust it with some flour and keep aside
- Sift the flour along with cocoa powder, sugar,baking powder and baking soda in a bowl..add salt into t he bowl after sieve.
- Add the wet ingredients like eggs, milk, coffee powder and oil to it and mix well
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture bowl and mix well until it is well incorporated.
- Pour into the greased baking pans and tap out once on the counter top
- Bake it for about 20 to 25 mins or until the tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
Ingredients for Chocolate whipped cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3-4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp Icing sugar
- Allow the whisk attachment with bowl into the freezer to have it cool for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins pour the cream into the bowl with whisk attachment
- Beat it until it is frothy and gets peak form
- Add vanilla extract cocoa powder and icing sugar to it
- mix well to get peak form and it will b stiff.
- Cut the top layers of the sponge cake and make into 4 layers
- Apply cream on each and every layer till the top cake is covered and all sides
- Decorate it with whipped cream, chocolate curls and chocolate shavings.
- Place cherries on the top (optional)